Thursday, May 18, 2006

Logan Update

Right now the plan is for Logan to come home tomorrow. We have our fingers crossed. He continues to make progress. The nasal tubes are out, he's off oxygen, and he's nursing very well. Except for the monitor on his foot and IV on his hand, he looks and acts very much like a normal baby.

On another note, I may have finally figured out the right approach for a novelization of Irate Savant. I've been trying to do this for some time, but have run into numerous obstacles and dilemmas that to this point I have been unable to solve. But the other night, an approach just sprang into my mind, and I think it will work. I probably just needed to get away from the material completely, and having a son born with serious heart defects proved to be a total distraction--though I would not recommend that as a method.

4 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I really hope that you get to take your precious boy home tomorrow!! It will be such an exciting and yet scary day. I have learned the hard way that until you have signed the discharge papers you shouldn't tell people that you will be coming home. It seems like silly things always pop up to delay your return home. Hopefully this will not happen to you. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I hope it goes well and that he'll be exercising his lungs at home soon. :)

Well, Logan, you just keep growing into a nice, roly-poly baby so that you'll be ready for whatever lies ahead.

p.s. Loved your Mom's Day portrait, you handsome lad.

wRitErsbLock said...

I've been thinking happy thoughts in your general direction.

Anonymous said...

You're an excellent writer, and I admire your positive outlook on life. Despite your current trials, you are fortunate, and it's great that you recognize that. Your writing will surely be affected in a dramatic way. Nothing good ever comes easily.

My prayers are with you and your family. Cyn