Monday, May 22, 2006

A Good Weekend

Logan did very well this past weekend. The rather cumbersome (and we hope temporary) apnea monitor he wears when sleeping didn't go off once (well, except when people screwed it up). He's also taking a rather staggering variety of medicines around the clock, and we hope he can start coming off some of them possibly as soon as the end of this week. But otherwise he's feeding, sleeping, pooping and peeing just like a normal baby.

I've been intending to write more, about the doctors and nurses and some other things, but I've been too exhaused in the evenings (though not as much as my wife, who has to nurse several times throughout the night), and this weekend was spent entertaining my son (more on this soon) and working with my in-laws to make our yard look like decent people own it. We planted tomatoes, and I'm afraid that just like last year, as soon as they're in the ground the rain will stop and we'll have drought conditions for months. If last year repeats itself, I may never plant tomatoes again, and I'll have to either frequent the farmers' markets or endure the horrid stuff that grocery stores pass off as tomatoes.

2 comments:

Carol Davidson said...

The "new normal" from your sidebar is a good way of putting it. Rob introduced me to this new link last night after an absence from the blog world. You have a beautiful baby, and you all already know more about courage than most people learn in a lifetime. My best to you and your family.

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Glad Logan and family are doing well:). Hope your tomatoes work out.