Monday, June 26, 2006

Surgery

A few minutes ago Logan went into surgery.

I'm reading Walker Percy's The Thanatos Syndrome faster than I've read a book. Then I have Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver and John Irving's Until I Find You at the ready. Some people apparently need to stare at a TV at a time like this; I can't stand it.

And listening to Bruce Springsteen, as if I've never heard him before. He's a comfort, and right now I can't tolerate anything else.

I'm rambling, obviously.

We deeply appreciate all of the prayers and positive thoughts.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Find comfort where you can. Music always seems to work best for me as well...

Anonymous said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings.

Anonymous said...

God bless you and yours. My grandson had surgery for Tricuspid Atresia at age 6 weeks and 6 days. We went through a lot, but all is well. I believe his was simpler than what your are experiencing.

Sarah said...

Praying for Logan and the doctors.
www.evanbraveheart.blogspot.com